PyYIMt on a new server - hit a problem

EmleyMoor

Feb 12, 2011, 3:25:39 PM2/12/11
to py-transports
I am in the process of moving my Jabber setup to a new server - partly
to reduce the amount of hardware I'm running. I have installed
ejabberd, pyaimt, pyicqt and pymsnt quite successfully from Debian,
and have tried to get pyyimt in the same way as on my old server.

The problem comes when I try to run it... ./yahoo.py gives:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./yahoo.py", line 13, in <module>
import xmpp.client
ImportError: No module named xmpp.client

Do I need to install something extra or make a config change? Please
let me know - the old server has been running for quite a while and I
can't remember how, if I did, I solved this before.

Thanks in advance.

EmleyMoor

Feb 14, 2011, 2:54:04 PM2/14/11
to py-transports
Thanks all - I found the package I was missing and sorted out the
right patched files to make it work.