MySQL Bug report and fix (autoconnect =0 => need to commit())

Sebastian Schmittner

Jan 10, 2013, 3:54:37 AM1/10/13
to py-tra...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

I am running
PyICQt Version: 0.8.1.5-5
with
python-mysqldb Version: 1.2.3-1
using
mysql-server Version: 5.5.28+dfsg-1
and encountered the following bug:
Nothing was ever written into the database. After some debugging I found out that apparently autocommit is disabled by default.
Here a snipped from the mysql.log:
           83 Connect    pyicqt@localhost on pyicqt
           83 Query    SET NAMES utf8
           83 Query    set autocommit=0

Hence an explicit commit is needed in order to actually write changes to the db (and release locks).
I have added those at the relevant places. See attached diff (note that the filenames in the header should probably be changed before patching. ;)

I hope this might be helpful and find its way into the next version.

Apart from this little problem, thx for implementing this nice transport!

Best
Sebastian

mysql.py.diff