EasyCal Tracer 5i

Tasos Asvestas

Apr 8, 2022, 6:27:24 AM4/8/22
to pXRF for Cultural Heritage
Good morning everyone, I am having trouble using the Easycal software and i would be grateful if anyone could guide me to a solution.
First of all the instrument was accompanied with "SpectraEDXSetup_HH_V2.5.43" which i could never install because it kept popping up messages about missing dlls.
Next i managed to get a newer version "SpectraEDXSetup_HH_V2.5.62" which i managed to install and become testing it.
I am trying to build an application using bronze standards that i have.
Made all the steps described in the manual (also checked Lee Drake's video) and i keep stuck in the same step whatever i try.
In the calibration menu after i converted the pdz's to ssd's when i hit next in order to go to the Compute tab and begin building my calibration curves a window pops up saying:
"No usable SSD file has been found in the standards directory (check expected directory in previous screen)."
And i cannot move on. I checked if everything went well during converting the pdz's to ssd's and there is no problem. The ssd are where they supposed to be, and in the "Manage Standards" Tab the files are marked as Exist.
Please if anyone has an idea please share it because it is driving me crazy.
Also if there i a bug on this software version and anyone else has a newer (or more stable) one please share a copy to check.

Thank you a lot everyone for your help.

Lucas Martindale Johnson

Apr 8, 2022, 12:28:20 PM4/8/22
to px...@googlegroups.com
Hello Tasos.

I recommend you reach out to Bruker directly. I believe they are providing support for this.

-Lucas

--
Visit the pXRF for Cultural Heritage website at:
https://sites.google.com/site/pxrfgroup/

Tasos Asvestas

Apr 8, 2022, 4:44:31 PM4/8/22
to pXRF for Cultural Heritage
Hello Lucas,

I contacted Bruker's local partner and i am waiting for a response but i do not have high hopes, that's why i thought to ask here beacause someone could have had the same issue.

Thanks for your answer.

Lee Drake

Apr 8, 2022, 5:45:28 PM4/8/22
to px...@googlegroups.com
> "No usable SSD file has been found in the standards directory (check expected directory in previous screen)."

If you navigate to <calibration folder>/Std SSD/Libraries/Materials/<calibration name>/Solids, what files do you see there?

- Lee

Alexander Seyfarth Mineralogical Analysis

Apr 9, 2022, 8:37:19 PM4/9/22
to px...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tasso!
I used to work @ HHXRF at BRUKER and defined the product offering for Easy Cal (as this is a stripped down version from the SPECTRA EDX on the S2 RANGER).
I am happy to walk you thru this; i will share a link of the training i had recorded way back when.
I will create a YouTube playlist and share the link

There is a TUTORIAL which should be on the stick with the software

The issue is that you also need to put the IDF from unit into the correct directory and then create the RUN ORDER for the reference samples and place it on a USB stick.
Make sure to place into the RUNORDERS directory .
Once you collected the files then you need to convert and they will be placed in the correct directory.
If you do it differently you need to make sure to have there PDZ renamed and converted to the way the software expects it.. which is more work …

Make sure you use the latest version :) as well as the latest version on the FIRMWARE …
I will be traveling next week in Turkey and back in the US Thu…

Alexander

Alexander Seyfarth Mineralogical Analysis
Janesville USA

Tasos Asvestas

Apr 10, 2022, 9:22:44 AM4/10/22
to pXRF for Cultural Heritage
To answer Lee Drake's question first, in the folder /./Solids you can see the converted ssd's from the pdz's i used. The software works properly until this step.
Now to Alexander about the idf file i allready placed it  inside my folders and the fact is that i already was able to create an application in the past by following the same steps.
Now i tried to retrace my work in 2 different pc's and i have the same issue on both.
I am looking forward for the youtube link with the tutorial, perhaps i spot something that i do wrong.
Thank you both for your help. and when/if i manage to solve this i will post the result.

Lucas Martindale Johnson

Apr 10, 2022, 6:46:59 PM4/10/22
to px...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Alexander.

I am keeping track of these treads as I know a researcher at the University of Florida museum that is also having Easy Cal issues. I hope you do not mind but I told her about your discussion in the event it can help her as well.

Best,
-Lucas

FW Logo

Lucas R. Martindale Johnson, Ph.D., RPA

Lithic and XRF Analyst, Principal Investigator

Far Western Anthropological Research Group, Inc.

Desert Branch | 1180 Center Point Dr, Suite 100, Henderson, NV 89074

Office: 702.982.3691 ext. 315 | Cell: 352.213.0252

lu...@farwestern.com | www.farwestern.com

Tasos Asvestas

Apr 15, 2022, 6:08:21 AM4/15/22
to pXRF for Cultural Heritage
Good morning everyone, the problem is finally solved, as it turned out there is an updated version of easycal (version 2.5.63) that solved the issue.
Unfortunatelly those updates aren't available "online" and on https://www.brukersupport.com/ there is no updates regarding tracer 5i.

Alexander Seyfarth Mineralogical Analysis

Apr 19, 2022, 6:28:14 PM4/19/22
to px...@googlegroups.com
Hi
Tell Bruker to put on BRUKER support for registered users :) As the latter is no managed by the Berlin folks but by Madison USA they are a little lost..
Here is the link! for the training vids

In case you do not get the version drop me an email directly :)
Alexander