Tracer 5i connection ports

ru...@sfu.ca

Mar 18, 2022, 5:05:44 AM3/18/22
to pXRF for Cultural Heritage
Hi all, and I have a question about the Tracer 5i. Another user in my lab set up the instrument with it placed all the way down on the stand. The cables and connector ports were bent and are now loose, so that power comes and goes and I can't operate the trigger cable. Any ideas on how to fix? or is this a factory repair? any feedback is welcome.

-Rudy

Alexander Seyfarth Mineralogical Analysis

Mar 22, 2022, 1:02:41 PM3/22/22
to px...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

a) USB connection (could be your TRIGGER cable) -> get a NEW high grade 2 feet cable from a local store/AMAZON with ideally Gold coated connectors (e.g. not the cheapest one)
b) POWER  connection. The TRACER5i has a issue with the internal power connector which becomes “loose” and does not hold the external plug. This would be a repair, which is now in Madison @ BRUKER.
Hope that helps…
Alexander

--
Visit the pXRF for Cultural Heritage website at:
https://sites.google.com/site/pxrfgroup/

Alexander Seyfarth Mineralogical Analysis
Janesville USA