Unknown Obsidian Source

瀏覽次數:59 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

James Daniels

未讀,
2024年1月26日 中午12:54:171月26日
收件者:pXRF for Cultural Heritage
Hi,
I've got an obsidian artifacts recovered from a site in the Anza Borrego Desert in California, that doesn't matach any of my source references. I've attached the pdz file, an excel table with the calibrated ppms for three assays on the sample and a couple of NIST standards. If anyone thinks they have a source match or can point me to who might, it would be much appreciated. I've sent the sample to Steve Shackley and he was also unable to find a match.
Best,
Jimmy
AnzaBorregoPoint.xls
D2-S-147-2_Point.pdz

Lucas Ryan Martindale Johnson

未讀,
2024年1月28日 下午1:13:221月28日
收件者:px...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jimmy,

I could not find a match either. The closest I could get is Rimrock Springs from Oregon, which is not a likely candidate given the extreme distance. Perhaps your context can explain the unknown? For example, someone knapping nonlocal stone at a campsite?

-Lucas

Visit the pXRF for Cultural Heritage website at:
https://sites.google.com/site/pxrfgroup/
---
回覆所有人
回覆作者