Thin film windows for Tracer

kat...@otenet.gr

Apr 29, 2023, 6:46:59 AM4/29/23
to pXRF for Cultural Heritage

Apparently there is a problem with the supplier for Tracer windows. I found these on Chemplex and was wondering if they would be a good replacement? Has anyone tried them?

Lucas Martindale Johnson

Apr 30, 2023, 7:46:21 PM4/30/23
to px...@googlegroups.com
They look as if they would do the trick. max 4mil prolene should be the best. I think the factory ones are 4mil of prolene.

--
Visit the pXRF for Cultural Heritage website at:
https://sites.google.com/site/pxrfgroup/

Aaron Shugar

May 1, 2023, 8:31:14 AM5/1/23
to px...@googlegroups.com
For the 5i/g I bought 1 inch wide double sided tape and made an oval cutter using brass tubing (filing down the inside to make it sharp). I use the cutter on the tape and then use any polymeric film - Dartek works, I prefer thinner ones. I buy from

for the Tracer III-SD you can get the same film, some have used tape (on the side of the head) to hold it down over the window.  It is a cheaper option

Aaron