EasyCal Crashing

Chris Peterson

Feb 23, 2024, 10:48:22 AMFeb 23
to pXRF for Cultural Heritage
Has anyone else ran into the issue of EasyCal/SpectraEDX crashing when creating a calibration?

Background:

Have created several calibrations at different illumination settings for our Tracer 5i. Was successful in creating one calibration for the Tracer 5g, however the second (and equally important) phase calibration cannot be completed. When progressing to the Compute sub-category in the Calibration section, software states 'Initializing' but hangs up at 83%.

I have tried starting from scratch, rebooting, uninstall/reinstall of the software, all to no avail. This is the only calibration the program will not complete. No error message pops up and the Windows Event Logs only show the application hang event. All appropriate .ssd files are in the correct folders etc.

I reached out to Bruker and they started to provide support, but have not replied in close to 2 weeks now. Just curious if anyone else has run into a similar issue and if they were able to get through it.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Lucas Martindale Johnson

Feb 25, 2024, 8:48:55 AMFeb 25
to px...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris, yes, this has happened to me several times as well. If you keep saving in between steps it seems to prevent crashes (although I was working on a single phase cal). I ran EasyCal on several computers and only one exhibited crashes, but stopped if I kept saving. I am not sure why. On two other computers, I had it open for hours and even overnight and nothing crashed. It is not consistent to say the least. Your process seems a bit more complex than what I was working on however, so my advice may not work.
-Lucas

--
Visit the pXRF for Cultural Heritage website at:
https://sites.google.com/site/pxrfgroup/