Independent XRF analysis contacts

Kirsten Travers Moffitt

Jun 10, 2022, 2:45:09 PM6/10/22
to pXRF for Cultural Heritage
Greetings all,
A colleague reached out asking for names of individuals that perform XRF analysis on a freelance basis. My colleague works with archaeological materials, but I do not know more about her specific needs.
Preferably located in the southeast/mid-Atlantic United States.
I know of institutions with XRF in this area, but not independent analysts (or institutions that take on outside work).
If anyone has any recommendations (even outside of this region), please let me know!
Many thanks,
Kirsten Moffitt
Colonial Williamsburg Foundation

Lucas Martindale Johnson

Jun 10, 2022, 4:54:30 PM6/10/22
to px...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kristen. I work for Far Western and we run a Tracer mainly working on obsidian. There are others on the west coast that have equipment. Alex Nyers has his lab in Oregon. Steve Shackley still runs his instrument too. Richard Huges as well.

--
Visit the pXRF for Cultural Heritage website at:
https://sites.google.com/site/pxrfgroup/

Bruce Kaiser

Jun 10, 2022, 7:47:43 PM6/10/22
to px...@googlegroups.com