Password expiration warning email?

john....@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2012, 4:47:16 PM8/22/12
to pwm-g...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
I found a reference in the administration guide that says: "PWM uses eDirectory attributes to store data about users, including last password change time, last time PWM sent email notices about password expiration, and secret question/answer."
To me this implies that PWM will send an email notice to the user about password expiration, and I would hope that it can send the email BEFORE the password actually expires. However, I cannot find any setting in the configuration editor that relates to this feature.

Am I misinterpreting something here, or have I just not looked in the right place?

Thanks!
John

Jason Rivard

Aug 22, 2012, 6:04:30 PM8/22/12
to pwm-g...@googlegroups.com

Pwm does not have this feature.   If your using edit there is plenty of ways to this from idm drivers to LDAP scripts you can find on cool solutions.   If you'd really like idm to have this feature then please enter an enhancement request.

John Sims

Aug 22, 2012, 6:08:08 PM8/22/12
to pwm-g...@googlegroups.com
Hmm....  We are using AD for our LDAP server.  Is there an equivalent way to do this with AD?
--
Chief Justice Roberts made it clear:  "Only you can prevent Obamacare".  Be sure to vote in November.

jorge...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2014, 4:12:44 PM11/18/14
to pwm-g...@googlegroups.com, john....@gmail.com

Hi we would also find this option very usefull. please guys if you obtained any side option compatible with pwm / or a very secure script to be used, please contact me to the handle email.

@ErikSorensen

Nov 18, 2014, 4:47:50 PM11/18/14
to pwm-g...@googlegroups.com, john....@gmail.com, jorge...@gmail.com
We use a slightly modified version of http://www.ehloworld.com/318  to alert users that their password is about to expire.

grant....@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2014, 11:24:26 AM12/2/14
On Tuesday, November 18, 2014 3:47:50 PM UTC-6, @ErikSorensen wrote:
> We use a slightly modified version of http://www.ehloworld.com/318  to alert users that their password is about to expire.

Same here. We use just a quick Perl script within our Job Scheduling environment to search AD for users about to expire, and email them.

chr...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2015, 8:06:22 AM3/17/15
to pwm-g...@googlegroups.com
Me too, I find this feature usefull: to alert users via email/SMS before the password expiration.
Is this a valid an enhancement request?

Regards,
Chris
Message has been deleted

krishna singala

Apr 27, 2024, 2:54:26 PMApr 27
to pwm-general
Please help me
Verification code sent same Gmail?

Jason Rivard

Apr 28, 2024, 9:01:20 PMApr 28
to pwm-general
Why are you reviving a 10 year old thread?  Please start a new topic and state clearly what you need help with.