Unable to load health data from server - Database will not connect.

Daniel Hague

May 29, 2024, 1:20:29 PMMay 29
to pwm-general
I have a fresh install of PWM 2.0.6 and a fresh install of SQL Sever Express with the database PWMDB and am running the latest Microsoft distribution of Java 11 on Windows server 2022. However, when I try to connect to the database it get a "Unable to load health data from server" in the configuration guide and a 5051 error in the console. PWM is running in it's onejar mode and I have tomcat 9.0.89. Is there anything I missed when configuring the connection or any settings on the SQL server that may be missing?

Please see attached log file and images below.
PWM.txt
ConnectionSettings.png
JavaInfo.png

Jason Rivard

Jun 4, 2024, 6:37:19 PMJun 4
to pwm-general
In the logs I can see:

2024-05-29T10:02:09Z, WARN , db.DatabaseService, exception initializing database service: 5051 ERROR_DB_UNAVAILABLE (error connecting to database: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host pwm.testing.local, port 1433 has failed. Error: "connect timed out. Verify the connection properties. Make sure

So it looks like a basic network connectivity issue of some kind.

I'm not sure why the setup guide isn't showing the error correctly, but it does make it to the log file. You could try skipoping the DB setup during the guide and add it later, the errors might make it to the UI better.