5079 ERROR_LDAP_DATA_ERROR

Justinas Pipiras

Mar 22, 2024, 3:57:59 AMMar 22
to pwm-general
Hey,

I've been struggling with the PWM configuration for the second day now.
I have Active Directory Server and now installed Ubuntu 22 with APACHE and TOMCAT server and let PWM on him.
Ant struggling with configuration. Then i use ldaps with 636 port i always get error :
Unable to browse LDAP directory: An LDAP data error has occurred.

5079 ERROR_LDAP_DATA_ERROR (5017 ERROR_DIRECTORY_UNAVAILABLE (error connecting as proxy user: unable to create connection: unable to connect to any configured ldap url, last error: unable to bind to ldaps://172.16.6.126:636 as CN=ITadmin,CN=Users,DC=saltiniomokykla,DC=lt reason: CommunicationException (172.16.6.126:636; No subject alternative names matching IP address 172.16.6.126 found)))

I installed Acitve directory sertificate, ldaps connection fine. PWM importing sertificate but i still get error.

If i changed ldap and 389 port, then everything okey, but AD requerments safe connection.

So what i do bad?
I have install sertificate to PWM server?

Jason Rivard

Mar 22, 2024, 5:23:25 PMMar 22
to pwm-general
The SAN field of your subject (subject alternate name) needs to match the DNS name address for _all_ your domain controller servers, and the PWM ldap configuration (or any LDAP tool) must be configured with the same hostname(s).