Allow Authentication When Password Expired - not working

Mark Hunter

Feb 22, 2024, 5:15:33 PMFeb 22
to pwm-general
Good afternoon all,

I have enabled the setting "Allow Authentication When Password Expired" to allow users to log in and reset their passwords even if their password has expired after the current date. The issue I'm running into is that it does not work. I have a test user that has a password expired - when I attempt to log in, I run into the error, :"Error 5066 - Account is expired."

How do I go about fixing this?

Thank you.

robert...@uwrf.edu

Feb 23, 2024, 6:32:50 PMFeb 23
to pwm-general
My first inclination would be to verify that the account is not actually expired, as that's a different value (assuming Active Directory). Can your test user log into a workstation and get prompted for password change there?

-Robert

Mark Hunter

Feb 26, 2024, 2:29:07 PMFeb 26
to pwm-general
Robert,

I figured this out before you responded but you mentioned something that is 100% correct. The account expiration is indeed a different value than an expired password - I did not have this setting enabled before going live. I made the change to PWM and the test account given to me by a colleague ran into the same error but neglected to tell me they used the account expiration option in AD. This discussion can be closed because I'm not 100% certain this is resolved into someone reports if as an issue if it's persisting.