Feature request: proving TCCs for specific lemma only

Alberto Ercolani

Oct 4, 2022, 10:53:25 AM10/4/22
to PVS verification system
Hello Paolo,
I would like to ask you whether it is a problem for you to add an additional functionality to VSCode-PVS.
Recently i found myself proving several lemmata for a project of mine, and notice that my statements generate tens of obbligations: I often have to modify my statements and before I start proving them I must discharge all corresponding TCCs.
In the 99% of the cases they are proved by (subtype-tcc) without any human intervention: my theory currently contains 53 TCCs.
Would it be possible to discharge only TCCs related to a specific lemma?
I think this would allow to speed up proof attempts a lot.

Thanks in advance,

Alberto

Paolo Masci

Oct 4, 2022, 2:42:47 PM10/4/22
to PVS verification system
Alberto, yes, this can be done -- thank you for suggesting this feature.
I will implement the functionality in the coming days and share a new pre-release in this thread.
Thanks,
Paolo

Alberto Ercolani

Oct 15, 2022, 4:41:16 AM10/15/22
to PVS verification system
Thanks Paolo, can't wait for it to be implemented!

Regards,
Alberto

Paolo Masci

Oct 18, 2022, 1:22:11 PM10/18/22
to PVS verification system
Alberto, at the following link you can find a new pre-release 1.0.64-gamma with the requested functionality: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-i8sSJFmrMu_Q2py0abL5N5TmOBArEqW/view?usp=sharing

This new version provides:
- a new inline command "discharge-tccs" over a formula in the pvs files -- you can use this command to discharge TCCs that match the formula name (i.e., those that are labelled <formulaName>_TCCx)
- a new inline command "discharge-matching-tccs" over a formula in the tcc file -- you can use this to discharge a group of TCCs generated from a same formula or function.
- new menu elements in Workspace Explorer -- when right-clicking over a TCC, you can now select "Discharge Matching TCCs"

Please try it out and let me know in the case you have additional suggestions for improvements.
Thanks,
Paolo

Alberto Ercolani

Oct 20, 2022, 10:26:22 AM10/20/22
to PVS verification system
Hey Paolo, I tried the pre-release and found the new feature to be even better than expected!
The only improvement that comes to mind is generating a summary files restricted to matching TCCs just tried; however the tool is already great as it is!

Thanks!

Alberto