PVSyst to pvlib mapping?

Justin Stanley

May 25, 2024, 4:24:55 PMMay 25
to pvlib-python
I'm trying to perform an apples-to-apples comparison of results we get from PVSyst to an equivalent model in pvlib. Is anyone aware of any documentation that maps PVSyst objects and attributes to their pvlib equivalents to help me ensure the closest possible results?

cwh...@sandia.gov

May 29, 2024, 12:26:35 PMMay 29
to pvlib-python
Hi Justin,

I'm not aware of such a mapping; it would be great to see one. It is almost certain that pvlib does not have all of the component models that PVsyst implements. Although we've done the best we can from PVsyst documentation, it may also be that the functions in pvlib with "_pvsyst" names aren't exactly the same as in their software.

There are comparisons of model results when different modeling platforms are used (by different people, this is important) to model the same system. One is here: https://pvpmc.sandia.gov/download/7835/?tmstv=1716999688
The disparity in the results appears to come as much from the different modelers as from the different choices of model.

Cliff