Clear-sky detection for PV time series

James Barry

Jul 1, 2024, 5:34:30 AMJul 1
to pvlib-python
Hi everyone,

has anyone thought of including this algorithm for clear sky detection into PVLIB:

It is based on the Reno & Hansen methodology, which is already included in pvlib. However one would need to extend it to include CAMS McClear data as well as some wind speed and temperature data.

Best regards,
James

cwh...@sandia.gov

Jul 1, 2024, 11:40:25 AMJul 1
to pvlib-python
No-one has come forward (yet) offering to implement for pvlib. I think it would be of interest.

This algorithm (call it Nyamsi 2024) operates on PV power rather than GHI, which is what the Reno/Hansen (RH2016) method uses. I have code started somewhere to implement an extension of RH2016 for time-averaged or tilted plane irradiance data, described here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0960148123004858

Cheers,

Cliff