Historical Data

Suraj Bhanu Jat

May 18, 2023, 11:28:37 AM5/18/23
to pvlib-python
Does anybody know if there is a place I can find historical data of weather forecasts by forecaster? I'm mainly interested in forecasts of GHI, DNI and DHI, temperature and wind speed.

To clarify, I am looking for historical forecast data. For example, I would be interested in knowing what the weather forecast for April 20th was on April 16th. Essentially, I am looking to compare historical forecasts against the actual weather that occurred to see if different sources of forecasts have different biases.

Abed W Ayyad

May 18, 2023, 11:51:34 AM5/18/23
to Suraj Bhanu Jat, pvlib-python
Hi Suraj, I have a strange feeling of having seen this question before on this forum not too long ago. Have you looked through this group's Google Group posts? It might be easier to search previous messages that way.

Additionally: this years-old post on Stack Exchange might be a good place to start: https://opendata.stackexchange.com/questions/2009/historical-weather-forecasts

On Thu, May 18, 2023, 08:28 Suraj Bhanu Jat <surajbh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Does anybody know if there is a place I can find historical data of weather forecasts by forecaster? I'm mainly interested in forecasts of GHI, DNI and DHI, temperature and wind speed.

To clarify, I am looking for historical forecast data. For example, I would be interested in knowing what the weather forecast for April 20th was on April 16th. Essentially, I am looking to compare historical forecasts against the actual weather that occurred to see if different sources of forecasts have different biases.

Suraj Bhanu Jat

May 18, 2023, 12:13:27 PM5/18/23
to Abed W Ayyad, pvlib-python
Thanks, I will check it out.