Impact of dust soiling on the performance of a PV system

Lahcen Ait Lamine

May 14, 2024, 3:26:23 AMMay 14
to pvlib-python
Dear all,

Greetings!

I am a new user of PVLIB Python, and I want to learn about modeling the impact of dust soiling on the performance of a PV system at a specific site. Specifically, I am interested in plotting the I-V characteristics affected by soiling.

Upon reviewing the documentation, I noticed that there are two soiling models available (the Kimber model and the HSU model), each requiring certain parameters as inputs. Could someone please clarify the differences between these models? Additionally, do they require any experimental input data?

I would greatly appreciate your assistance and guidance in understanding this matter, as well as any recommendations for useful resources to further my knowledge.

Best regards.

Lahcen