GFS Forecast Europe

Rishabh Gaur

Jan 17, 2023, 11:53:03 PM1/17/23
to pvlib-python
Hi ,

As I am interested in forecasting for europe I have to use GFS. I am aware that it is removed in new versions. I tried using older versions and actually i tried using every version possible.

Error which is got in older versions was :
"Variable: Total_cloud_cover_low_cloud_Mixed_intervals_Average is not contained in the requested dataset"

Basically i want to get PV Output for the future.
if anyone has better method for forecasting, do let me know.

thanks in advance

regards

Brighton Mabasa

Jan 18, 2023, 1:00:42 AM1/18/23
to Rishabh Gaur, pvlib-python
Hi Rishaby,

You should download 3 hourly GFS cloud cover , interpolate it to 1 hour and then use pvlib to do cloud cover-irradiance.

Regards,

Rishabh Gaur

Jan 18, 2023, 1:15:39 AM1/18/23
to pvlib-python
Hi man ,

thanks for your help. Can you provide me a link or so for the same.

regards

Marvin Valentin

Feb 10, 2023, 10:06:07 AM2/10/23
to pvlib-python
Hi, can you help me how you convert cloud cover to irradiance (GHI, DHI and DNI)?

Thanks,
marvin