Use real PV temperature data to calculate power

Ali Sohani

Apr 14, 2023, 11:56:03 AM4/14/23
to pvlib-python
Hello everybody,

I have the real (recorded) temperature data from PV performance, and I am going to use them instead of using the commands like:
temp_model_parameters = PARAMS['sapm']['open_rack_glass_glass']
or
array = pvsystem.Array(mount=sat_mount,
                       module_parameters=cec_module,
                       temperature_model_parameters=temp_model_parameters,
                       modules_per_string = n_pv_per_str,
                       strings = n_str)
I am wondering if it is possible, and if so, how I could do that.

Thanks!

Kindest regards,
Ali

kevina...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2023, 12:28:46 PM4/14/23
to pvlib-python
Hi Ali,

If you're using ModelChain, check out the documentation here about how to supply `module_temperature` or `cell_temperature`: https://pvlib-python.readthedocs.io/en/stable/reference/generated/pvlib.modelchain.ModelChain.run_model.html

Kevin

Ali Sohani

Apr 18, 2023, 5:06:12 AM4/18/23
to kevina...@gmail.com, pvlib-python
Dear Kevin,

Thank you very much for your very kind help. I am going to apply the function now, and I will let you know what will happen.

Ali Sohani

Apr 18, 2023, 5:14:25 AM4/18/23
to kevina...@gmail.com, pvlib-python
Dear Kevin,

I have gone through the description to put the function into the code. In the description, it has been indicated that "ghi", "dni", and "dhi" should be given as the input. Is there a way to give the "gti" (the radiation on the tilted surface) directly instead of them? Since I do not have the values, and I would not like to use functions like Dirint or so on. I appreciate it if you help me with this.

Kindest regards,
Ali

Ali Sohani

Apr 18, 2023, 6:21:15 AM4/18/23
to kevina...@gmail.com, pvlib-python
Dear Kevin and all.

I have used "ModelChain.run_model_from_effective_irradiance(data=None)" function. However, are there any other ways?

kevina...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2023, 10:54:00 AM4/18/23
to pvlib-python
There is ModelChain.run_model_from_poa, which is intended to be run using GTI (also known as POA irradiance).  The difference between _from_poa and _from_effective_irradiance is whether AOI and spectral losses are applied.  Accordingly, the direct and diffuse tilted irradiance components have to be supplied as well when using _from_poa, so it is more complex to use.

Kevin

Ali Sohani

Apr 19, 2023, 5:29:02 AM4/19/23
to kevina...@gmail.com, pvlib-python
Thanks a lot Kevin. I really appreciate your great help!

Kindest regards,
Ali

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "pvlib-python" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pvlib-python/db037e99-bdea-47f3-9f22-45d102f97072n%40googlegroups.com.