Control alternative

1 view

Jim Anastassiou

Sep 22, 2015, 8:55:25 AM9/22/15
to PV characterization project forum

Here is the schematic of the board proposed by Tibi and Ahmed. Its is basically an atmega 328P (same as arduino uno r3), an FTDI chip for the USB communications, two L6234 three phase inverters (to drive two motors, the same chips that we decided on in Milestone 2).

I would see this as a viable off the shelf hackable board that replaces the electronics BUT here are my reservations:

  • Its from china and will probably take weeks to arrive
  • The chance of its production being discontinued one day cause a problem in our OSHW design principles
  • The IMU it comes with needs calibration often due to "drift" (think smartphones,also known as Abbe Error)
I suggest we can order to try it out but continue with the original plan as well as it is a better solution