Re: PV Project - prototype

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Jan 20, 2016, 3:11:46 PM1/20/16
to PV characterization project forum, Jim Anastassiou, Abran Khalid, Tammy Lea Meyer, Daniel Brastaviceanu, Bruce M., Thomas Vanesse
Before going into the shipping box.

All pics here

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 12:47 AM, Tiberius Brastaviceanu <tiberius.br...@gmail.com> wrote:
void setup () {
Hi Joshua;    // Joshua in bcc
}

void loop () {
This weekend and until now, we made a huge sprint to finish the project, i.e. to deliver the PV Characterization device prototype. Daniel and I fine-tuned the sample clamp and the micromanipulators, and I assisted Jim with work on electronics and software.
We missed the shipping time, but we're almost there.

Tomorrow, Daniel will buy some missing screws and a special peint to increase adherence between the sample clamp and the micromanipulators.
Jim, who came at the lab at 10am, is still at the lab finishing the software integration. When I left, the firmware was in a stable state, the PID for control were set, and we even tested commands from the Raspberry Pi, which worked. The only thing left to do on the software side are a few scripts to perform the basic functionality, which Jim is taking care of and will be reporting later.

We lost some time trying to replace the IMU that came with the Martinez motor controller board with the BNO055, but the task turned out to be more difficult than we expected...
This would require major changes to the firmware. These changes are not super difficult, but we realized that we didn't have the time to complete them. So we went back to what we already knew... I think the BNO055 IMU can be integrated by any masters student with skills in electronics. We might continue the work on this, because we already notices interest in open source gimbals, and 99%media, a local p2p media network, is moving in with us.

This is a first working prototype, but it`s working pretty well... I am sure that you can get some data out of it, if you put it to work in your lab.

delay(2000);

Sorry we could not ship it today. We`re almost there.

}

--
t!b!
co-founder of SENSORICAan open value network (or open enterprise)

--
t!b!
co-founder of SENSORICAan open value network (or open enterprise)
co-founder of CAKEconsulting for the new economy
founder of Multitude Project: informing the new multitude

IMG_1371.JPG
IMG_1369.JPG
IMG_1366.JPG

Joshua

Jan 20, 2016, 3:12:53 PM1/20/16
to Tiberius Brastaviceanu, PV characterization project forum, Jim Anastassiou, Abran Khalid, Tammy Lea Meyer, Daniel Brastaviceanu, Bruce M., Thomas Vanesse
Nicely done all - that looks awesome - cant wait to play with it.
--
Joshua M. Pearce, Ph.D.
Associate Professor

Bob Haugen

Jan 20, 2016, 3:18:40 PM1/20/16
to Tiberius Brastaviceanu, PV characterization project forum, Jim Anastassiou, Abran Khalid, Tammy Lea Meyer, Daniel Brastaviceanu, Bruce M., Thomas Vanesse
Congratulations to all! Another major milestone toward a sustainable OVN!