Bigger rules

An E

Jan 22, 2023, 6:49:58 AM1/22/23
to PuzzleScript
Currently all rules go in a straight line orthogonally, but sometimes some bigger rules that go in some 2d space. ex.

Normal Rule: [ > Player | Box ] -> [ > Player | > Box ]

2D Rule:
{ > Player | FakeBox |
 Background | Background }
{ Background | Player |
 Background | FakeBox}

In this example, FakeBox moves clockwise to the actual direction it was pushed in.

edderiofer

Jan 23, 2023, 2:49:22 AM1/23/23
to PuzzleScript
I believe you can already do this with  [ > Player | FakeBox ] -> [ > Player | v FakeBox ] .

That Scar

Jan 23, 2023, 7:14:41 AM1/23/23
to PuzzleScript
And what edderiofer posted can also chain if you push boxes with boxes, resulting in multiple boxes moving clockwise.
2D rules is a recurring request but nobody bothered to implement it and we just settle to implement them with multiple 1D rules. If you need any help, do ask!

An E

Jan 23, 2023, 2:03:55 PM1/23/23
to PuzzleScript

i tried to come up with an example other than objects appearing diagonally, best i could come up with is this.