[BUG] restart bug ?

BoredMatt

May 11, 2021, 2:21:13 PM5/11/21
to PuzzleScript
I had a problem with the restart command (not the R key) after having displayed a message previoulsy in the same turn. It sends you back to the menu instead of restarting the level.

I've reduced it to these rules:

[action Player] -> message ACTION
[action Player] -> restart

Stephen Lavelle

May 11, 2021, 4:26:54 PM5/11/21
to BoredMatt, PuzzleScript
Thanks for reporting, made an issue here: https://github.com/increpare/PuzzleScript/issues/627 .  I'll look into it.

(+ apologies for sending this to you personally separately, BoredMatt - I hit reply rather than reply all)

BoredMatt

May 11, 2021, 4:50:58 PM5/11/21
to PuzzleScript
Wow, you're reactive!

I don't know if it helps, but since I was doing some tests about this I wrote this short script:

run_rules_on_level_start
OBJECTS
Background
black
Player
green
test
transparent
LEGEND
P = Player
t = test
SOUNDS
COLLISIONLAYERS
Background
Player
test
RULES
[test] -> message test
[test] -> []
[action Player] -> message action
[action Player] -> restart
WINCONDITIONS
LEVELS
tP

You'll notice the ACTION message is not even displayed. It does if you remove run_rules_on_level_start though.