New and different game: Spaceship Collapse

thelast19digitsofpi

Mar 23, 2022, 10:43:22 PM3/23/22
to PuzzleScript
It's NOT your average puzzle game... it's actually a real-time planning game about multitasking.

https://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=74800e822b2ab824004a6bf9c9618ff3

It probably takes a bit of getting used to and there's instructions but no tutorial and it only has one level.
You're in a room with 4 stations: "Clock" in the NW, "Shields" in the NE, "Life Support" in the SW, and the "Toolshed" in the SE. Every 20-30 seconds, one or two of those systems will break, and you have to collect the right tools to fix it.
The south systems (LifeSupport and Toolshed) take 2 tools of their color to fix; the north systems (Clock and Shield) take 3.
You can hold 5 tools in your hand. You also have storage stations scattered around the room, but the storage systems are inaccessible when their system goes down.

Effects of malfunctions:
- Red: You have to fix this first, before fixing anything else, if it's broken.
- Green: You can't draw more tools.
- Blue: You lose 10 seconds at the start of each round.
- Yellow: If this isn't fixed when the clock runs out, you lose!!

Controls: Press Arrow keys to move. Walking into a system fixes it, or activates the draw pile if it's green. Pressing X while walking clears debris around you (moving into debris costs you 1 second). When swapping or obtaining tools, use arrows to select one of the 5 in your hand, and press X to confirm.

Note: Always make sure you have at least 2 green tools accessible, or else you won't be able to gain more tools! (Having 2 red is also important in case you get a green+red malfunction, preventing you from fixing the toolshed...)

Let me know what you think.

Stephen Lavelle

Mar 24, 2022, 6:15:59 AM3/24/22
to thelast19digitsofpi, PuzzleScript
oh gosh there's a lot going on - it's hard to juggle everything ^^ I keep on getting caught out by red needing priority.  It amusingly hectic :)

Omen777

Mar 25, 2022, 1:04:14 PM3/25/22
to PuzzleScript

Very fun game !

That Scar

Mar 26, 2022, 8:38:31 PM3/26/22
to PuzzleScript
I keep pressing Esc trying to cancel an item transfer and instead erase my progress T_T

On Friday, March 25, 2022 at 7:04:14 PM UTC+2 mikael...@gmail.com wrote:

Very fun game !

thelast19digitsofpi

Aug 17, 2022, 10:27:55 AM8/17/22
to PuzzleScript
I made a harder version with a 5th suit. Your hand limit is 4 and the magenta system makes it difficult to move.