Require player movement ?

Omen777

Jul 1, 2022, 4:06:37 PM7/1/22
to PuzzleScript
If require_player_movement is activated, Using the action button don't count as moving the player. Why ?

That Scar

Jul 2, 2022, 2:52:21 PM7/2/22
to PuzzleScript
Honestly, I completely agree that it shouldn't apply for action but I guess then that shifts the problem to other developers who want to make a combat game where you can't skip a turn and they don't even take the action button into consideration. My solution would be to have no_action by default and only enable it when it's written so. Puzzlescript being backwards-compatible is so not fit for any of these changes, though...

Anyways, here it is in terms of rules:
[PlayerPositionCheck] -> [ ]
[> Player] -> [> Player PlayerPositionCheck]
late [Player PlayerPositionCheck] -> cancel

(partial credit to pi, from I Need My Assistance, posted here this week!)
If you want to exactly replicate require_player_movement, just add [action Player] -> cancel (but that would be silly and you wrote specifically that you don't want that)