Hexagonal tiles (proof of concept ?)

BoredMatt

Jan 26, 2021, 10:39:28 AM1/26/21
to PuzzleScript
I would be surprised if I was the first to try this, but I found nothing.

There is only one level since the main objective was implementing the hexagonal tiles, not the game. It can probably be done better and with fewer rules but that was quite fun to do.

James ah ha

Jan 30, 2021, 6:47:18 PM1/30/21
to PuzzleScript
Hi Matt?

I tried a hex layout afew years ago for a train track building game (still in developement), yours is visually much better

for demo see
(to move vertically use up & dwn, to move right & up use right then up etc)

BoredMatt

Jan 31, 2021, 1:09:47 PM1/31/21
to PuzzleScript
Thanks for sharing. I had a look to see if I could get ideas to simplify what I've done.
I could go back to moving one cell at a time and only using the arrows to move. I had done this at first  with an indicator on top of one the player's six sides to tell the direction,

BoredMatt

Feb 7, 2021, 5:03:58 PM2/7/21
to PuzzleScript
I've done another one with slim walls between cells, and a simple maze generator while I was at it. The mazes don't look like they would be fun to play with though.
Press X for next level.

BoredMatt

Mar 23, 2021, 11:18:22 AM3/23/21
to PuzzleScript
I came back to this for while to make something playable out of it. Easy unintended solutions pop up each time I make a modification so levels are quite hard to design. Going for a bigger map might help.