Trying to make a 2x1 player.

Trevor Henshaw

Sep 7, 2022, 12:22:42 PM9/7/22
to PuzzleScript
Hey there, I am trying to make blockorz in puzzlescript for a school project, I don.t really have a good idea where to start, when I just make the player 1x2 in the level format he can't rotate and when on a ledge that goes down a block ( L     ) This is kinda what I mean, but
                                                                                                 L   ) when I go down on the types of ledges, instead of blocking movement, it separates my character making the two blocks only touch by one corner. Any Ideas where to go about making the rules for this game?

Chris Pickel

Sep 8, 2022, 6:52:55 AM9/8/22
to Trevor Henshaw, PuzzleScript
This is called rigid bodies. It can get complex depending on how detailed you want the rules to be. For your case, it might be enough to cancel movement if any player object can’t move:

[ > Player | Crate ] -> [ > Player | > Crate ] (normal crate-pushing rule)
[ > Solid | stationary Solid ] -> [ stationary Solid | stationary Solid ] (stop solids from moving into other solids)
[ stationary Player ] -> cancel (if any player was stopped by the previous rule, cancel everything)

If that’s not good enough, then a link to some code and an example scenario would help debug.