The CONFOUNDING Calendar 2022!

Beekie Boppaboop

Nov 7, 2022, 7:57:17 PM11/7/22
to PuzzleScript
It’s that time of the year again. The days are shorter, the nights are longer, and the puzzles are puzzlier. We would like to once again present...

The CONFOUNDING Calendar!

We're creating a collection of tiny puzzles that will function like a free online advent calendar of games, with a little surprise for you to play each day in December. Deducember, if you will.

Starting December 1st, we’ll be sharing new games on this itch page each day of the month! https://confoundingcalendar.itch.io/

But where will we get these delicious puzzles? From you, of course! We’re asking for submissions here: https://forms.gle/sc8itvdpFGrYXpmj8

Here are the restrictions:

• Your game should be only one screen and only one level - keep your game small and interesting.

• Your game should use this color palette: https://lospec.com/palette-list/island-life

• Your game must be playable in-browser through itch.io. (You will need to hide or restrict your game. Check out https://i.imgur.com/YG9cSCQ.png) (A good tool for making small games is puzzlescript.net, but you can use anything to make your game.)

• Your game should be a puzzle, though you should feel free to use a broad interpretation of that term.

• Try using minimal text. This isn’t a requirement but it is recommended.

• Feel free to experiment with your themes/mechanics - we want each day to feel fun and surprising. Just keep it safe-for-work.

• There is no universal theme, we love variety (but if you want one, reach out to one of us (instructions on how to do so below))

The deadline for submissions is November 30th. Feel free to submit more than one puzzle, though we may not end up using every submission. Any questions can be directed to @corey_hardt or @Beekie18 on twitter or @Corey Hardt or @Beekie on Discord (you can ask questions here, on this Google Group, but I might not see it for a while). We hope you’ll participate, and we hope you’ll enjoy this year’s Confounding Calendar!