[GAME/EXPERIMENT] Weird Bug

jonah....@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2014, 1:34:41 PM3/1/14
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
This is really a PuzzleScript game for PuzzleScript developers (although I'm hoping it people new to the language find it solvable as well), so I should probably post it here:

http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=9174930

So far I've been really surprised by all the different solutions people come up with for the last few levels. Maybe I'll compile them into a bigger game, once I've got a dozen or so?

Message has been deleted

Christopher Wells

Mar 1, 2014, 7:22:13 PM3/1/14
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com, jonah....@gmail.com
http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=9299717

I thought I'd add a few levels. I changed some colours around so my version is visually distinct from the original - wouldn't want people getting them mixed up, would we?

jonah....@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2014, 7:40:26 PM3/1/14
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com, jonah....@gmail.com
Wow, those levels are really excellent!

(Also, sweet goal icon.)

CHz

Mar 2, 2014, 6:23:00 AM3/2/14
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com, jonah....@gmail.com
Neat, I like the webbing thing.

Didn't make any new puzzles, may mess around with it a bit later (maybe).

lusc...@googlemail.com

Mar 2, 2014, 10:52:57 AM3/2/14
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com, jonah....@gmail.com
I love the idea! It's great how the "game" gives you so much freedom, yet you're always trying not to "cheat". Allowing the player to design the functionality of a whole game element is genius.

Here's my version. I hope I've come up with something interesting ;)
http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=9308481

jonah....@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2014, 2:20:18 PM3/2/14
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com, jonah....@gmail.com
Whoa! Both of those are really excellent.

Chz, I don't think you needed to design any extra levels; your gem works beautifully with the ones that were already made. It took me a while to realize how important webbing is for not getting trapped.

Lucas, ahhhh, that was so difficult. I almost convinced myself that the second level was impossible several times before I figured it out. Great work.

Hand-E-Food

Mar 2, 2014, 5:24:13 PM3/2/14
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com, jonah....@gmail.com
Fixed!  :-D

=======
LEVELS
=======
Message You win! Thanks for all your help!

Dennis Au

Mar 6, 2014, 8:45:13 AM3/6/14
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com, jonah....@gmail.com
That was fun, I really like the idea of having puzzlescript games with player generated content. :)

Here's mine: http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=9389835

Not too original with my gem mechanic, but it was the first thing that sprang to mind.

jonah....@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2014, 11:12:45 AM3/6/14
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com, jonah....@gmail.com
Man, it's amazing what you guys are willing to dismiss as unoriginal. This is great, Dennis.

Diri Bative

Mar 9, 2014, 10:23:57 PM3/9/14
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com, jonah....@gmail.com
Given everyone else's ideas, I think Using webs as webs is actually pretty original. Great job, Dennis.

Joel Fox

Jan 8, 2020, 10:46:33 PM1/8/20
to PuzzleScript
Wow, I didn't realize there would be an almost 6 year gap between my Weird Bug and the next most recent one!

I added a number of levels and some of them are pretty hard, so I might add a level selector later. Feedback is welcome!

Message has been deleted

Joel Fox

Jan 20, 2020, 1:09:44 AM1/20/20
to PuzzleScript
itch version with level selector: https://joel-fox.itch.io/weird-bug

ThumpBaconBacon1

Nov 24, 2023, 2:51:01 PM11/24/23
to PuzzleScript
It's been a while since the last one of these. I've made my own because I really like the base mechanics and thought it would be fun to create my own version. (It was!)

I like my gem mechanic well enough, though it can honestly be a bit messy/finnicky at times. I won't spoiler it any more.

fox....@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2023, 4:42:58 PM12/15/23
to PuzzleScript
Nice game thump! A couple levels might have been finnicky but overall it was interesting
Message has been deleted