Cratopia

CHz

Oct 23, 2013, 4:00:44 AM10/23/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com

More crates. More. More!!

My playtester indicates that this is fairly difficult. The final puzzle in particular may be unsolvable by human minds, so let me know if you think that one needs to be scrapped (it's the one where you start directly underneath the goal).

Hope you have fun!

Snizzbut

Oct 23, 2013, 6:28:05 AM10/23/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
This is great, at first i thought that it was pretty boring, then you get the power to make it rain crates!

Tobin Mollett

Oct 23, 2013, 9:25:50 AM10/23/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
This seems like a very, very good game. The puzzles are mean. I am stuck on the first fire level.

Tobin Mollett

Oct 23, 2013, 9:27:34 AM10/23/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
Oh, never mind. Power of posting.

Dennis Au

Oct 23, 2013, 9:56:39 AM10/23/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
Wow. That was great. I managed to finish the last level, although I had myself convinced it was all but impossible. I vote keep it.

The ending was amazing, and seemed like an awesome payoff for defeating that brutal finale.

James T. Perconti

Oct 23, 2013, 1:24:10 PM10/23/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com

Excellent game! Neat mechanics and good, tough level design.

Weeble Wilson

Oct 23, 2013, 3:14:33 PM10/23/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
Awesome game! The last puzzle is great. I found it quite hard to figure out how to get started on that puzzle, but once I did I found I made steady progress from then on. I would keep it, but I do like rather hard puzzles. The ending is lovely.

Tobin Mollett

Oct 23, 2013, 4:49:30 PM10/23/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
Holy cow, I beat it. I thought it was going to kill me. That last level is a nightmare, but it does indeed crumble when you break it down logically.

Really a terrific game. Shows how great a generic puzzle can be if you just give it a single little gonzo twist.

CHz

Oct 24, 2013, 6:51:14 AM10/24/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

I am really, super excited that you folks are managing to beat that monster.

iczuba...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2013, 12:31:06 PM10/24/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
Finished it! It was hard as hell!! GREAT game, absolutely amazing.

iczuba...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2013, 1:17:53 PM10/24/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com, iczuba...@gmail.com

AND you also created EXPLOD! Another great (and challenging) game. You are a puzzle genius...

Mark Horan

Apr 22, 2021, 10:43:19 PMApr 22
to PuzzleScript
Is this game open source? MIT license?

That Scar

Apr 23, 2021, 7:09:41 AMApr 23
to PuzzleScript
Hi, Mark,
All source codes of games on puzzlescript.net are hosted at https://gist.github.com/
You can literally copy the ID from a puzzlescript game URL and paste it just after the slash in this one and you will arrive at a "gist" on Github. Cratopia: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/7114130
Non-private publications on Github are public and you can always read and learn from the source. And I'm pretty sure you are always allowed, by Terms of Service, to "fork" these "gists".

The current culture is that puzzlescript.net encourages you to learn from, edit and modify games hosted there using the "hack" button. If somebody doesn't want to distribute their source so freely, the practice is to "export" a game to a standalone webpage and host it somewhere not on puzzlescript.net (a common choice is itch.io).
Lastly, it's best if the original creator replies but if your application is not proprietary and you're just creating something to play around or share back with the community, I'd say go ahead and use this game's source.

Cheers

CHz

Apr 23, 2021, 8:03:00 PMApr 23
to PuzzleScript
Mark personally emailed me too to ask and I gave him a thumbs up!