Pushy v0.14.0 has been released

Jon Chambers

May 9, 2020, 4:28:41 PM5/9/20
to pushy
Friends,

I'm pleased to announce that Pushy v0.14.0 has been released!  This is a big release with lots of breaking API changes. Please be prepared for non-trivial migration work before upgrading from v0.13 to v0.14. That said, Pushy v0.14.0 introduces lots of exciting changes and improvements! Here are some highlights:
  • Pushy now requires Java 8 or newer
  • Pushy now returns CompletableFutures instead of Netty Futures in its public API
  • We now use java.time types where appropriate
  • We now use lambdas internally and in some examples for increased readability
  • Pushy now uses JUnit 5 for tests
  • We no longer depend on GSON (or any other external JSON library)
  • Pushy now offers Gson- and Jackson-based payload builders as separate modules
We also fixed a handful of bugs related to error handling, including a NullPointerException that could happen if we failed to open an HTTP/2 stream.

For a complete list of changes, please see the GitHub release page.

Cheers!

-Jon

Jon Chambers

May 9, 2020, 5:08:25 PM5/9/20
to pushy
Folks,

I've also just released v0.13.12, which includes a backport for the NullPointerException fix for folks who need that fix, but aren't in a position to do a significant update.

-Jon

George Anil John

May 21, 2020, 7:56:08 AM5/21/20
to pushy
Seems https://github.com/jchambers/pushy/wiki/Best-practices is not yet updated especially adding listeners to CompletableFuture

Jon Chambers

May 21, 2020, 12:40:36 PM5/21/20
to pushy
Yep—true. Good catch. I'll update it shortly.

-Jon

Jon Chambers

May 21, 2020, 10:57:57 PM5/21/20
to pushy
The page has been updated. Thanks for the reminder!

-Jon

George Anil John

May 22, 2020, 3:29:27 AM5/22/20
to pushy