The Rammstein: Ich Will

Marcia Swindell

Dec 4, 2023, 9:15:45 AM12/4/23
to pushy

"Ich will" (German for "I Want") is a song by German Neue Deutsche Härte band Rammstein from their third studio album Mutter. It was originally released in Germany on 10 September 2001, but many channels did not air the music video (which was to debut on U.S. television the next evening) as it was released the day before the September 11 attacks. The German single contains a live cover of the Ramones song "Pet Sematary" sung by Rammstein keyboardist Christian "Flake" Lorenz.

The music video of "Ich will" features the band members staging a bank robbery, making it seem as realistic as possible. The video shows both the robbery and its aftermath, and moves between these two scenes.

The Rammstein: Ich Will

DOWNLOAD https://t.co/hYoOi2IaNJ

In an interview, Rammstein described the music video of "Ich will" as being a demonstration of the media's obsession with a good story, as well as an illustration of the immortality that can be achieved by those who commit wrongs.[1] The video was filmed in Berlin in the former State Council of the German Democratic Republic building (Staatsratsgebäude) which now houses the European School of Management and Technology.[2]

The Ich will video is based on the hunger of the media for a good story, and the immortal fame criminals get. In the video, the band members are engaged in a bank robbery. It shows both the robbery and its aftermath.

Ich will

Ich will dass ihr mir vertraut
Ich will dass ihr mir glaubt
Ich will eure Blicke spüren
Ich will jeden Herzschlag kontrollieren

Ich will eure Stimmen hören
Ich will die Ruhe stören
Ich will dass ihr mich gut seht
Ich will dass ihr mich versteht

Ich will eure Phantasie
Ich will eure Energie
Ich will eure Hände sehen
Ich will in Beifall untergehen

Seht ihr mich?
Versteht ihr mich?
Fühlt ihr mich?
Hört ihr mich?
Könnt ihr mich hören?
Wir hören dich
Könnt ihr mich sehen?
Wir sehen dich
Könnt ihr mich fühlen?
Wir fühlen dich
Ich versteh euch nicht

Ich will

Wir wollen dass ihr uns vertraut
Wir wollen dass ihr uns alles glaubt
Wir wollen eure Hände sehen
Wir wollen in Beifall untergehen - ja

Könnt ihr mich hören?
Wir hören dich
Könnt ihr mich sehen?
Wir sehen dich
Könnt ihr mich fühlen?
Wir fühlen dich
Ich versteh euch nicht

Könnt ihr uns hören?
Wir hören euch
Könnt ihr uns sehen?
Wir sehen euch
Könnt ihr uns fühlen?
Wir fühlen euch
Wir verstehen euch nicht

Ich will

We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page..

The main action took place before that, at the moment when a group of robbers broke into the bank. The first thought that arises in my head paints a picture of an ordinary robbery. But the invaders have completely different intentions. They are not interested in money, rather, they themselves are ready to pay to be heard: each of those who enter has some kind of defect that makes them a minority in a society that is indifferent to the problems of those who do not belong to it. The group is prepared for the meeting with the cameras: stylishly dressed, well-groomed, self-confident. A huge bomb is tied to one of the gang members: self-sacrifice is an important part of the action, which will help attract the attention of a bored society.

Rammstein will perform their final US shows in Los Angeles, CA on September 23rd and 24th with Duo Jatetok, then head to Mexico for 3 dates at the start of October before heading back home. For 2023 the band will be on their full European tour. If you didn't catch them this year, keep your eyes peeled for the next US run.

With the first Rammstein album you hear, it's hard not to be slightly amazed by the sheer chutzpah of it all. The German lyrics, the prog rock tendencies, the classic metal guitars, and the ridiculous basso profundo vocals -- you either fall for it, spurn it, or are utterly bemused by the extremeness of it all. Unless you're a fanatic, it wears a little thin the second time around. And for most listeners, MUTTER, the group's third album and sequel to their inexplicable commercial breakthrough Sehnsucht, will be the second time around since it's their first release since becoming a high profile act. Thing is, if you've heard that record, you've pretty much heard MUTTER, since all the trademarks are in place, without much noticeable variation. Yes, there are slight differences, chief of which is the cleaner production, which streamlines everything so the guitars don't seem as heavy, the songs not as epic, and the whole enterprise not as ridiculous. That's not the same thing as stripping the group to the basics, however; it's more like wrapping up the music in nice, shiny paper and putting a ribbon on it. That's not really good for a group like Rammstein, but it doesn't dilute their impact, either, because they are what they are and no amount of polish will make them mainstream (nor will it make it possible to take them seriously). So, that does mean that MUTTER isn't as good as Sehnsucht, but it isn't a stumble either -- and if you liked the first, you'll like this (not the same thing as being amused by the first -- in that case, this will try your patience). That still doesn't answer the question whether anybody outside of diehards needs more than one Rammstein album, but that's just a question of personal taste.

While you need a high amount of saturation, this can also muddy up your sound in a hurry. So a good balance between distortion and bass is key, which can go either way. And because all gear is radically different. You will need to experiment with the right amount of gain.

Welcome to Killer Rig! This website was created to share knowledge based around guitars, amps, music gear and more. You will find guides to help improve tone, maintain equipment and find your killer rig!

Your comment action was successful. When a comment is deleted all replies to the comment will be removed as well. Because you are an admin, you can click the \"view deleted\" link above to view deleted comments in-case you wish to undelete them in the future. If this was a mistake, click the link again to reverse the change.

eebf2c3492