MySpace.com/DeepPurple

Russ

Aug 21, 2007, 12:37:38 AM8/21/07
to Deep Purple Fan Page
Hellooooooooo! Is anyone out there?

Well, maybe I'm just writing to myself, but I thought I'd mention the
DP "space" at MySpace.com. It has four songs from their latest album
that you can listen to any time from start to finish. Fantastic!

As I said before, I am mainly a classic Purple fan. Before discovering
their MySpace page, I hadn't heard anything from DP newer than Perfect
Strangers. I know that's nothing to be proud of, but I guess I'm just
getting old and set in my ways.

I'm actually starting to enjoy their new stuff. I liked "Wrong Man"
right away, and I seem to like it more each time I hear it. The other
songs didn't "do it" for me right away, but the more I listen to them,
the more I appreciate the subtleties of their composition -- and the
more I realize how much talent it takes to create such music.

The "MTV" song is very relevant in its criticism of "classic rock"
radio. Apparently DP is unhappy that their new stuff is virtually
nonexistent on classic rock stations. At least I've never hear it. Of
course, I rarely hear their old stuff either, but once in a blue moon
an old DP song comes on.

The classic rock station I listen to occasionally on my way to work
recently played its entire library of songs in reverse alphabetical
order. I only caught a tiny portion of it, but I couldn't help but
wonder how many DP albums or songs are in their "library." (Maybe I
should check their website.) And I wonder if they would pay any
attention to me if I suggested adding some newer DP stuff.

Not likely.