Amazing Japanese cover of Highway Star

Russ

Apr 22, 2007, 1:38:21 AM4/22/07
to Deep Purple Fan Page
http://youtube.com/watch?v=b-ZxlxTvjI8&mode=related&search=

Wow!! You gotta see this!

I'm not sure if "Keisuke Kuwata" is the name of the band or the lead
vocalist, but whatever these guys call themselves, they rock!

The light show is big time. This is a real rock concert.

The singer take some getting used to, but he does the job. The organ
and guitars are amazing. I guess they have more than one of each, but
so what? A woman is on organ, and she plays Lord's solo about as well
as Lord. Jon may have written it, but she damn sure plays it. And the
guitar solo is about as good as Blackmore on Made in Japan -- and
that's saying something.

What I love about this cover is that it captures the essense in detail
of the Made in Japan version of this song. And that's more than I can
say of just about any other performance by Deep Purple themselves. It
seems that every other live performance of this song that I have heard
by DP themselves falls substantially short of the MIJ version. I
haven't yet heard Steve Morse and Don Airy play it, but every other
version by Lord and Blackmore just seems sloppy to me. I listen for
key passages, and they just don't occur.

Americans taught the Japanese how to build cars and electronic
components, and now they build them better and cheaper then us. It
seems that the British have taught them how to rock, and now they seem
to be doing it technically as well as the Masters but more
consistently. What is this world coming to?