Top 10 air guitar songs of all time

Russ

Dec 24, 2006, 1:18:40 AM12/24/06
to Deep Purple Fan Page
Wanderlist.com is a place where visitors can vote on lists of all
kinds. With more than 13,000 votes recorded, here are the top 10 air
guitar songs of all time:

1. "Child in Time" Deep Purple
2. "Smoke On The Water" Deep Purple
3. "Layla" Derek And The Dominoes
4. "Voodoo Chile" Jimi Hendrix/Stevie Vaughn
5. "Whole Lotta Love" Led Zeppelin
6. "Pinball Wizard" The Who
7. "Walkin' And Talkin'" Savoy Brown
8. "White Room" Cream
9. "We Will Rock You" Queen
10."Sultans Of Swing" Dire Straits

I have no idea how "scientific" this poll was, but there you have it.
DP takes gold *and* silver!

Actually, I didn't get this list from wanderlist.com. I got it from the
Savoy Brown website (see #7 on the list). I vaguely remembered Savoy
Brown from way back, and I decided to pick up their best hits CD a week
or two ago.

What a pleasant surprise it was! Four or five songs on that album are
absolute gems! Check it out yourself.

I guess Savoy Brown is still around, but the core of the band (three
members) split off way back to form Foghat. What a shame. I have never
been particularly impressed by Foghat. I don't know if that's because
the main talent stayed behind with SB or what. Whatever the case, I
wish SB had stayed together, because they did some truly inspired
blues/rock. Oh well.

Axe Man

Dec 26, 2006, 4:23:52 PM12/26/06
to purpl...@googlegroups.com

I'd vote for the solo to Stairway to
Heaven :-)

andy749

Feb 24, 2007, 9:01:51 AM2/24/07
to Deep Purple Fan Page

No "I'm Going Home" or "Crossroads" ?

Who - Young Man Blues (Leeds)
A ton of stuff off of Rory Gallagher's BBC Sessions

That list is a bit lame IMO...there's some great songs on it, but for
air Guitar? About 1/2 of it doesn't belong. I would take off 3,5,6,9,
maybe 10...don't know the Savoy Brown track. About anything of theirs
off of A STEP FURTHER would be hard to beat though.

Just my 2 cents.