Re: [PureDarwin] For most programmers, it is foolish currently develop in machine code, hexadecimal and assembly?

Message has been deleted

Tyson Key

Oct 8, 2014, 8:30:26 AM10/8/14
to pured...@googlegroups.com
Not sure about the standard, since C11 came out pretty recently, and I haven't had chance to read it - but the K&R book is ancient, and although it is useful for getting an idea about the general syntax, and libraries, no-one really writes C like that, stylistically, these days. (The done thing is to define function argument types in the signatures of functions, instead of in the body of functions, for instance).

That said, there's still some stuff that you can't do in C (or C++) when it comes to low-level hardware access, when developing operating system code, so you still need some Assembly. Still, hardly anyone actually builds executables by writing raw machine code using a hex editor, by hand - unless they're incredibly masochistic. So I'd agree with Brian, and Dennis, that way.

Tyson.

It is written in the introduction C - A programming language
Ansi standard written by Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie:

For most programmers, the most important change is a
new syntax for declaring and defining functions.

For most programmers, it is foolish currently develop in
machine code, hexadecimal and assembly?

There are different opinions on this?

                                          Fight Internet Censorship! http://www.eff.org
http://vmlemon.wordpress.com | Twitter/FriendFeed/Skype: vmlemon | 00447934365844