Re: [PureDarwin] In this Simple Talk interview with Linus Torvalds he gave his opinion on assembly

Message has been deleted

Daniel Bethe

Nov 6, 2014, 3:19:50 AM11/6/14
to pured...@googlegroups.com
The entire thread, even now that it finally makes any sense, is completely and utterly offtopic from anything remotely related to this mailing list.  Please stop.  :)  Thanks.

On Tuesday, 4 November 2014, 5:20, françai s <romap...@gmail.com> wrote:

 In this Simple Talk interview with Linus (https://www.simple-talk.com/opinion/geek-of-the-week/geek-of-the-week-linus-torvalds/) he gave his opinion on assembly :

" I don't think you need to learn assembly, but I do think knowing C is useful if you want to be a great programmer.

Why? Not because C is some magical language, but because C is in many ways closer to the machine than most other modern and still used languages. And to be a great programmer, you really do need to know how the machine works, I believe. You need to really understand what can be done efficiently, and what needs a lot of work from the CPU or the system..."

What do you think about this answer?

Ferdinand Klinzer

Nov 6, 2014, 4:31:03 AM11/6/14
to pured...@googlegroups.com
+1 dtm! ... i think also that all this stuff is not puredarwin related

cheers

ferdinand

Daniel Bethe

Nov 6, 2014, 5:17:58 AM11/6/14
to pured...@googlegroups.com
I guess I could have suggested that someone could privately suggest to the original party, some resources that are relevant.  ^_^   Thanks.

Ferdinand Klinzer

Nov 6, 2014, 5:31:02 AM11/6/14
to pured...@googlegroups.com
no sir.... i can not suggest you to the original party.

end of the conversation

ferdinand