Darwin Alive?

al...@tupkers.net

Jan 1, 2016, 6:46:41 PM1/1/16
to PureDarwin
There seems to be very little activity in this group.  Has Darwin activity moved somewhere else?

Ferdinand Klinzer

Jan 1, 2016, 6:59:52 PM1/1/16
to pured...@googlegroups.com
sure we are alive check our irc channel #puredarwin on freenode

cheers
ferdinand

There seems to be very little activity in this group.  Has Darwin activity moved somewhere else?

al...@tupkers.net

Feb 15, 2016, 6:25:52 AM2/15/16
to PureDarwin
I have been trying to install and run puredarwin 8 on various computers and virtual box. None of them would even complete the installation without locking up. Today I tried installing version 8 on an old DakTech P4 with a 20 Gb HD and it worked. I can log in as root and a normal user but, there is only a command line.   How does one get a desktop GUI for version 8?   Why doesn't version 8 work on most hardware?  How long before there is an installation ISO for Xmas?  Will it be as picky about hardware as version 8?
Message has been deleted

Jonathan Haack

Jun 8, 2016, 3:22:56 PM6/8/16
to PureDarwin
I have had much better luck with vmware ... FYI ...

Ferdinand Klinzer

Jun 8, 2016, 3:24:26 PM6/8/16
to pured...@googlegroups.com
yes vmware is good too