Pure and TeXmacs on Ubuntu

Albert Graef

Aug 7, 2022, 7:43:16 PM8/7/22
to pure...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

This was reported by Kurt Pagani a while ago, so I wanted to point everyone using TeXmacs with Pure on Ubuntu to this ticket:

It contains instructions on how to build TeXmacs 2.1.2 (+ Guile 1.8) on Ubuntu 22.04 from source, and install the Pure TeXmacs plugin. This setup works perfectly, as it does on Arch (where TeXmacs is in the AUR). The problem on Ubuntu is that TeXmacs is not in the official Ubuntu repos any more, and the packages on the TeXmacs website are outdated and buggy, so you want to compile the latest version of TeXmacs yourself to make it work.

As soon as I find the time, I'll do proper Debian/Ubuntu packages of Guile 1.8 and TeXmacs on the OBS, but for the time being, the build instructions in ticket #36 should help you out.

Thanks,
Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af