Pure Installation on Ubuntu 18.04

Johannes Engels

Sep 16, 2018, 2:44:28 PM9/16/18
to pure-lang
Hello,

recently I tried to install pure under Ubuntu 18.04.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dr-graef/pure-lang.bionic
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install pure pure-docs

worked, but launching

sudo apt-get install pure-complete

yields the following error message:

Die folgenden Pakete haben unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten:
pure-complete : Hängt ab von: pure-math soll aber nicht installiert werden
Hängt ab von: pure-web soll aber nicht installiert werden
E: Probleme können nicht korrigiert werden, Sie haben zurückgehaltene defekte Pakete.

That means, pure-complete has unresolved dependencies, problems are with pure-math and/or pure-web. Are there any known issues?

By the way, already after "
add-apt-repository" I can see in the synaptics package manager that there are now "defect packages",
which disappear as soon as I remove the repository.
Are there any ideas? thank you in advance!

Best regards
Johannes Engels

Marduk

Sep 22, 2018, 1:48:45 AM9/22/18
to pure-lang
This problem has also been reported in the GitHub issue tracker. For now, my
suggestion is to install Pure using the Nix package manager.

nix-env -i pure

Best regards,
Marduk

Johannes Engels

Sep 23, 2018, 3:25:01 PM9/23/18
to pure-lang
Thank you very much, this worked perfectly for me!

Best regards
Johannes