ANN: Pure 0.67 released

Albert Graef

Mar 19, 2018, 6:46:43 AM3/19/18
to pure...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

after fixing some more bugs, I've now released Pure 0.67 with all the
latest goodies, so please grab it while it's hot. Downloads and
release notes are available here:
https://github.com/agraef/pure-lang/releases/tag/pure-0.67

I'm still working on the MacPorts package right now, but that should
soon be updated as well (some time later this week).

Emacs users will be delighted to hear that there's support for
flycheck now, so you can have your program checked while you're typing
it. If you've got flycheck installed in Emacs already (it's in the
official package repositories in Arch and Ubuntu 17.10+, and you can
also get it from MELPA), then just add these lines to your .emacs and
you should be set:

;; flycheck support (http://www.flycheck.org)
(require 'flycheck-pure)
(eval-after-load 'flycheck
'(add-hook 'flycheck-mode-hook #'flycheck-pure-setup))

More information here:
https://agraef.github.io/pure-docs/install.html#emacs-pure-mode (at
the end of the "Emacs Pure Mode" section)

Any vim aficionados here? I'm sure that vim has something similar, so
let's have a contest and see who'll be the first to port flycheck-pure
over to vim! All you need to do the live checking is to run pure with
the new --check option (or --check -w, that's what flycheck-pure does
by default). I'm awaiting your pull requests. :)

Enjoy! :)
Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af