ANN: Pure packages move to the OBS!

Albert Graef

Aug 21, 2019, 3:15:06 PM8/21/19
to pure...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

At long last, I have brand-new binary package repositories available on SUSE's Open Build System (OBS). This covers everything that's been available on Launchpad and the binary Arch repositories on Bitbucket.

OBS makes maintaining such a large amount of packages much easier and more reliable, and supports a much wider range of Linux systems. For now, I have packages for Arch, Debian Testing / Unstable / Buster (10) / Stretch (9), and Ubuntu Disco (19.04) / Bionic (18.04) / Xenial (16.04). In the future, I may be able to resurrect Roman Neuhauser's RPM specs he did on the OBS and provide packages for Fedora and openSUSE as well. I may also be able to provide containerized distributions of Pure there, as was suggested in https://github.com/agraef/pure-lang/issues/27, but I still have to figure out how that works. (If anyone can give a helping hand with that, please let me know.)

Instructions on how to use the new package repos can be found in the wiki:

Or you can explore what's there by going to OBS's web interface at https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:aggraef. (Make sure that you look at all the subprojects, the Pure stuff is actually at https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:aggraef:pure, https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:aggraef:arch:pure, and https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:aggraef:arch:pure-git.)

I've been using these repos for the last few days and they work for me. But please do let me know (and file tickets) if you run into any issues with what's there, missing packages, etc. Of course, I'm keeping the old PPAs and BB repos around just in case. But they probably won't see all that many updates now, unless I run into serious trouble with the OBS builds.

Enjoy! :)
Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af