Failure building Pure-lv2

phil jones

Dec 2, 2019, 6:07:39 AM12/2/19
to pure-lang

I'm trying to follow the instructions on  https://agraef.github.io/pure-docs/pure-lv2.html

To install the library for building LV2 plugins.

But I'm getting this error :

Package pure was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `pure.pc'
No package 'pure' found

repeated several times.

The archive at https://bitbucket.org/purelang/pure-lang/downloads/pure-lv2-0.2.tar.gz doesn't seemt to contain a file pure.pc.

I'm on Ubuntu and installed Pure using the .deb package as instructed here : https://github.com/agraef/pure-lang/wiki/PureOnDebian

I'm guessing the debian package doesn't contain some build dependencies for the LV2 plugins? Am I basically right but missing something? Or should I do this a completely different way?

Ryan Schmidt

Dec 27, 2019, 10:46:50 PM12/27/19
to pure...@googlegroups.com

On Dec 1, 2019, at 19:56, phil jones wrote:

> I'm trying to follow the instructions on https://agraef.github.io/pure-docs/pure-lv2.html
>
> To install the library for building LV2 plugins.
>
> But I'm getting this error :
>
>> Package pure was not found in the pkg-config search path.
>> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `pure.pc'
>> to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
>> No package 'pure' found
>
> repeated several times.
>
> The archive at https://bitbucket.org/purelang/pure-lang/downloads/pure-lv2-0.2.tar.gz doesn't seemt to contain a file pure.pc.

Have you installed pure itself? That's where pure.pc would come from.

Also of course make sure PKG_CONFIG_PATH contains the directory where pure.pc is.