reading and writing files?

Andrew Dabrowski

Jan 12, 2018, 11:38:34 AM1/12/18
to pure-lang
I must be wrong about this, but I failed to locate anything in either the manual or the reference sheet anything about reading or writing files.  Please don't tell me that Pure is so pure these aren't supported.

John Cowan

Jan 12, 2018, 2:40:09 PM1/12/18
to pure...@googlegroups.com
As functional languages go, Pure is quite impure, about like Standard ML.  Yes, there is direct support for reading and writing files.

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 11:38 AM, Andrew Dabrowski <unhan...@gmail.com> wrote:
I must be wrong about this, but I failed to locate anything in either the manual or the reference sheet anything about reading or writing files.  Please don't tell me that Pure is so pure these aren't supported.

Albert Graef

Jan 12, 2018, 3:31:50 PM1/12/18
to pure...@googlegroups.com

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 5:38 PM, Andrew Dabrowski <unhan...@gmail.com> wrote:
I must be wrong about this, but I failed to locate anything in either the manual or the reference sheet anything about reading or writing files.  Please don't tell me that Pure is so pure these aren't supported.

Dr. Albert Gr"af
Email:  agg...@gmail.com
WWW:    https://plus.google.com/+AlbertGraef