BPM calculation in Android

1 view

Siva Kannabiran

Feb 2, 2011, 8:17:23 AM2/2/11
to Purdue Android Programming
hi i am new to android programming..... can anyone help me in knowing
about the bpm calculation in android.......

Sivasankar K

Feb 3, 2011, 6:53:45 AM2/3/11
to Purdue Android Programming
hi i am making an android app, i want to give audio as an input and i
want to calculate the bpm of a song. Is it possible for the above said
work to be done within a java coding.....

Tim Korb

Feb 3, 2011, 7:32:47 AM2/3/11
to purdue-androi...@googlegroups.com
I've not tried to solve this problem, but a little Googling nets this link...

http://www.streamhead.com/easy-bpm-calculation-in-java/

I'm curious to know if it works. Good luck,

Tim

Sivasankar K

Feb 3, 2011, 7:43:44 AM2/3/11
to purdue-androi...@googlegroups.com

Thank you sir, i have gone through this link already. But my problem is i have to calculate bpm for different songs of different frequency at a single time. Do you have any idea about this.

K Siva Sankar
--
K Siva Sankar

Korb, Tim

Feb 3, 2011, 7:47:23 AM2/3/11
to purdue-androi...@googlegroups.com

You could try putting the calculations in separate threads and hope the Android doesn’t run out of horsepower.

Tim