SSLv3 alert certificate unkown

Tobias Baader

Jan 12, 2022, 11:59:59 AM1/12/22
to Puppet Users
Hello Everybody,

I hope someone could may be help us....we are using puppet open source since 2 years and were very happy. Since last Friday puppet is not working anymore....something with SSLV3 altert sertificate.....

So have have renewed the relevant certificates and after running puppet again...we keep getting errors (see attachement).

Does anybody may have an idea or had the same problem and knows how we can fix this?

Thank you very much and looking forward to hear back.

Best,
Tobias
puppet problem.png

Benjamin Ridley

Jan 12, 2022, 5:06:15 PM1/12/22
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
I've had this happen to me before, and usually it was because there was something more fundamental going wrong with the Puppet Server that was causing connection issues, and the SSLv3 thing is just a red herring.

In our case, we ended up having CPU contention issues which was causing really bad Puppet Server performance. One thing to try is to stop the puppet service on all your managed nodes, and restart the puppet server. Check if you can compile a catalog on a single node, or if you still get the issue. If you no longer have the problem, it might be a performance issue with your Puppet Server.

Pravin Rane

Jan 14, 2022, 12:09:23 PM1/14/22
to Puppet Users
Did you try removing and re-signing client certs ?
Make sure you remove all CA / CRL and CERTS and client end.