Error: Could not run: cannot load such file -- net/ssh/telnet

Mike

Nov 16, 2022, 8:01:23 PM11/16/22
to Puppet Users
Hi,

I've come across the in subject error when trying to run puppet against a cisco device.  I've exhausted my knowledge to troubleshoot this issue.  Any pointers or place to check would be appreciated.  Thanks

$ puppet device --verbose --target cisco_device.puppetlabs.net

Info: Retrieving pluginfacts
Info: Retrieving plugin
Info: Retrieving locales
Error: Could not run: cannot load such file -- net/ssh/telnet

$ Contents of device.conf

[cisco_device.puppetlabs.net]
type cisco_ios
url file:///etc/puppetlabs/puppet/cisco_device.puppetlabs.net.yaml

$ Contents of cisco_device.puppetlabs.net.yaml

"address": "192.168.192.119"
"port": 22
"username": "cisco"
"password": "cisco"
"enable_password": ""

Martin Alfke

Nov 17, 2022, 10:16:35 AM11/17/22
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Your puppet agent is missing a ruby gem:

This gem must be installed using the puppet ruby gem command:

/opt/puppetlabs/puppet/bin/gem install net-ssh-telnet

Hth,
Martin

Mike

Nov 24, 2022, 12:02:02 PM11/24/22
to Puppet Users
Thanks Martin.  I have run into different issues unfortunately and I appear to be miles away from this point now.  I'll start a new conversation.