Puppet support(Puppetserver-6 and puppet-agent8)

RAMESH RAMAN

May 17, 2023, 2:31:33 PM5/17/23
to ed...@puppet.com, puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,
                    I am currently running puppet server-6 on a Centos7 machine and clients are also running puppet6. Due to Centos7 End of life. We are planning to move to Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, but puppetserver 8 is not supported. So we are installing puppet-agent 8 on all ubuntu 22.04 LTS and puppetserver6 will run on the same Centos7 until the release of the puppetserver8 package for ubuntu22.04 LTS. (Some of the puppet-users said, puppetserver8 package will be released on Q3. so we are waiting to build puppetserver8 on Ubuntu 22.04LTS)
                 My question is Puppetserver6 and puppet-agent 8 will sync/work properly.  Need your advice on this.

Regards,

Ramesh R
9789243339

nandha kumar

May 17, 2023, 5:25:54 PM5/17/23
to puppet...@googlegroups.com, ed...@puppet.com
It should as puppet should support backward compatibility .