PE windows agent ?

max scalf

Aug 3, 2015, 11:33:53 AM8/3/15
to Puppet Users
Hello all,

I am trying to figure out how to install puppet enterprise agent on a windows box...while on LInux we just simple do below to install PE agent

curl -k https://<MASTER HOSTNAME>:8140/packages/current/install.bash | sudo bash

but on windows, i need to download an msi file(looking at the docs)....where would i find that msi file ?? the download link given in the below docs (even when i fill out the info), takes me to installation binaries of the master...i need it for the puppet agent...

so my question is -

1. Where can i download the puppet agent(Enterprise) for windows
2. Are there any other step-step docs/reference on puppet on windows ??

Lindsey Smith

Aug 3, 2015, 1:25:40 PM8/3/15
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 8:29 AM, max scalf <oracle...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all,

I am trying to figure out how to install puppet enterprise agent on a windows box...while on LInux we just simple do below to install PE agent

curl -k https://<MASTER HOSTNAME>:8140/packages/current/install.bash | sudo bash

but on windows, i need to download an msi file(looking at the docs)....where would i find that msi file ?? the download link given in the below docs (even when i fill out the info), takes me to installation binaries of the master...i need it for the puppet agent...

so my question is -

1. Where can i download the puppet agent(Enterprise) for windows

From the link above, click through the links "download" | "Download installers for additional masters and agents" | enter your details and "Continue". There you can download agents for the most recent version (PE 2015.2) or follow the link to agents for older versions.

2. Are there any other step-step docs/reference on puppet on windows ??

Dimitri Yioulos

Aug 3, 2015, 4:30:23 PM8/3/15
to Puppet Users
Max,

I'm not a Puppet expert, and I don't want to talk out-of-school.  But, I don't think there's as much information available for Puppet on Windows as there is for Puppet on Linux.  That said, I have Puppet installed on about 50 Windows hosts, and it works well, for the most part.  Vis-a-vis documentation, here's a good place to start:  http://docs.puppetlabs.com/windows/  (what a suprise :-)  ).  Others have written blogs about Puppet on Windows, and they're helpful.  You'll just have to look around.

Dimitri

Stefan Lock

Aug 4, 2015, 8:37:17 AM8/4/15
to Puppet Users
Hi,

you can use the following link and just use msiexec:

Regards

grant little

Apr 24, 2016, 12:13:00 AM4/24/16
to Puppet Users
1. I just installed PE agent on windows last thursday. Had top fill out m,y details to get the download link
2. As well as what others have mentioned there's a suite of windows tools on github at