Puppet agent platform removals

Enis Inan

May 8, 2018, 8:57:08 PM5/8/18
to puppet...@googlegroups.com, puppe...@googlegroups.com, puppet-...@googlegroups.com

We are no longer supporting Debian 7 (Wheezy), Fedora 25, Scientific Linux 5, Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite) and 10.11 (El Capitan), and Windows Vista for PE 2018.1 and later. However these OS versions continue to be supported in PE 2017.3 and PE 2016.4. Note: Windows Server 2008 is still supported in PE 2018.1 and Puppet agent 5.5.

Debian 7 will EOL on 31 May 2018 [1]. It is currently available in Puppet agent 5.5.1, but will be removed for Puppet agent 5.5.2, and unavailable for PE 2018.1. All other aforementioned OS versions were removed in Puppet agent 5.5.1.

These agent removals free up capacity for us to add new OS versions as they are made available from vendors throughout 2018. Stay tuned for Ubuntu 18.04 coming soon; see https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PA-1869 if you’d like to track its current status.

[1] - https://www.debian.org/News/2016/20160425

Dirk Heinrichs

May 9, 2018, 2:20:53 AM5/9/18
to puppet...@googlegroups.com, puppe...@googlegroups.com, puppet-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

what about platform *additions*, namely Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver)?

Bye...

                Dirk

enis...@puppet.com

May 9, 2018, 2:53:43 PM5/9/18
to Puppet Users
Hi Dirk,

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS should have nightly puppet-agent packages available soon, with full-fledged support landing sometime this summer. We will follow up on this thread when the nightlies are available.

-Enis